High Performance Emergency Medical Services (HP-EMS) systems provide effective pre-hospital care promoting positive clinical outcomes and community wellness while maintaining a focus on high economic efficiency. This site is a community service dedicated to increasing local agency performance by promoting useful information regarding the developing trends and improvements in the efficiency of delivering basic and advanced pre-hospital medical care in the field.
Top Story Links
- The "Culture of Silence" article has drawn its own feedback: Skip Kirkwood Responds to ACEP Physician Issue with EMS Feedback followed by The Culture of Assumptions and A Culture of Silence Is A Two-Way Street, Dr. Baehren
- If our goal is really what is best for the patient, here is Why We Need to Rethink C-Spine Immobilization and The Slow, Agonizing Death of Conventional Spinal Immobilization
- Santa Monica paramedics may soon decide if you need to go to ER
- Drugs kept in ambulances can be unusable in weeks
- "Think Stroke? Think FAST!" Do these public awareness campaigns really work?
- How crazy is a Flash Mob teaching CPR when King County may be the best place to have a heart attack?
- NAEMT Position Statement: Recognition of EMS as an Essential Public Function (PDF)
- EMT Wages Vary by State (2012)
- Can you tell Cardiac Arrest vs, Heart Attack?
- Does response matter? One Georgia Ambulance service under fire over response times and in New York, EMS workers union charges that shift in way response time statistics are calculated misrepresents efficiency of agency
Tags Across FireEMSBlogs.com
ambulance Apartment Fire Building construction Building Fire Christopher Naum Collapse Command Fire Apparatus Dave Statter destroyed emergency EMS EMT engine extrication fdny fire fire blogs Fire Critic FireCritic.com fire department firefighter firefighters firefighting Fires fire service Fire Truck Blog firetruckblog.com fossilmedic Glenn Usdin House Fire IronFiremen.com leadership LODD paramedic rescue Rhett Fleitz safety Sellfiretrucks.com social media South Carolina STATter911.com Structure Fire Training video Willie Wines Jr.